help....lost my email

Jane Sprando janesprando at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 11:51:19 PST 2004

Mary, that did work ---- to a degree. Thanks for answering my question!

However, there is a problem with the email messages. They are fine until
1/5/04, which are blank for that date. (That's where all my blank email
messages started and why I tried to fix Outlook!) After the 5th, the
messages are all jumbled up --- the message doesn't match the sender. Any
recommendations on how to fix those? [The 5th is when I transferred the
email from my old computer. maybe I need to redo the transfer??? Except that
I don't remember how I did it!

Jane

PS <<,although, if you have
new mail in them that you want to save, you'll want to drag the
individual messages back into the Messages folder in your Identities. >>>

How do I get individual messages?

> I see files that say Old Messages, Old Database and Old Database cache
> in
> the Identities Folder of Outlook Express. What do I do with them to
> get my
> email back????
>
> Jane

Jane--
It's been a long time since I used Outlook Express, but try this:

  From your Identities Folder, move the Messages, Database, and Database
cache to the desktop. Then, remove the "Old" in the Old Messages, Old
Database and Old Database cache filenames. If that restores your old
mail, you can trash the ones on your desktop -- although, if you have
new mail in them that you want to save, you'll want to drag the
individual messages back into the Messages folder in your Identities.
At least, I think that should work. There is some really detailed Mac
OE info and tutorials here:

http://www.macoptions.com/oe/index.htm

Poke around that site, especially for the Maintenance info and
extensive (and helpful) FAQs.

Mary