[HM] Re: help ---- lost my email!

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 18 12:37:31 PST 2004

On Feb 18, 2004, at 8:34 AM, Jane Sprando wrote:

> How do I get individual messages?

I think the easiest way (and least confusing) would be to create a new
Identity and place those files on the desktop in the new Identity's
file (trashing the ones created in there when you make an Identity).

Create a file on your desktop. Then, switch to the  new Identity and
the messages should appear in the Inbox. Select All and drag the
highlighted messages to the desktop file. They will now be individual
OE message files.

Switch identities back to your original Identity. Highlight and drag
the messages in the desktop file into the OE folder you want.

Watch this Quicktime movie for reference:
http://www.macoptions.com/oe/images/movemsg.mov

As for the missing emails, they may be gone. I'm not an expert, but I
recall losing some emails at some point when something corrupted. I was
able to crank open the Messages file with BBEdit Lite and retrieve some
info, but there was a lot of garbage, also.
Good luck.

Mary