[HM] Re: Freezes & glitches

Bob K itheshopper at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 08:32:44 PST 2004

Yes, a very reasonable speculation.  Only time will tell if Disk Warrior
removed the root source or only the results of the snowballing system
corruption.

I tried many things, while the problem snowballed from an intermittent
glitch  recurring roughly bi-weekly in October to complete paralysis by
last week.  None of them produced any observable change in  behavior.
Among them:
a) I ran with the original 512 MB RAM only,  b) with the 512 added RAM
only c) both in reversed position.  Plus, Apple's Hardware Test CD
showed
no hardware problems what so ever.  This, though reduces, by no means
eliminates the chance of your hypothesis turning out to be the right
one.

My thought on the most probable cause is that it was a corruption caused
either by my installation of the v10.2.8 jaguar update, (I did not
know at that time the cardinal rule: to run Permissions before and after
all system instrallations) OR a bunch of Konfabulator widgets, I also
installed around that time.

Bob K.