[HM] Re: SPyware?

Denise rtc at amerytel.net
Thu Jan 29 17:16:06 PST 2004

on 1/29/04 6:56 PM, Duane Murphy at duanemurphy at mac.com wrote:

> --- At Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:00:12 -0600, Denise wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a Mac equivalent to Spybot Search and Destroy.  Is there a
>> free download available?
>
> Why? Do you think you have a spyware? If you do, to my knowledge this
> would be the first for the Macintosh. Simply put spies don't care about
> the Mac. There aren't enough of them.
>
> ...Duane

OK, thanks.  I guess I just got paranoid listening to the computer tech guy
on public radio.  He was focusing on the latest virus/worm warnings, and
mentioned the Spyware Search and Destroy program.  Since I do surf the 'net
quite a bit, I was worried about some of the things that may be "hiding" on
my computer without my knowledge.

He did say that Mac OS X was more susceptable (sp?) to "bad stuff" than Mac
OS 9x and earlier.  Anyone else agree?  I haven't gone to OS X yet.

Denise