[HM] Spyware?

Charles Turner turnercl at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 30 09:39:32 PST 2004

On Jan 30, 2004, at 7:31 AM, Home Macintosh Users List wrote:

> He did say that Mac OS X was more susceptable (sp?) to "bad stuff"
> than Mac
> OS 9x and earlier.  Anyone else agree?  I haven't gone to OS X yet.

Because of file access permissions and the fact that an OSX user isn't
running (with a few exceptions) with any special access privileges, I
would think that OSX is less susceptible than OS9.

One of the functions in Aladdin's Internet Cleanup product is
"SpyAlert." Exactly what it looks for I don't know.

<http://www.aladdinsys.com/mac/cleanup/index.html>

-ct