Jane/new Mac/digital camera

Vicki Allwardt vallwardt at mac.com
Sat Jul 24 07:21:11 PDT 2004

Hi Jane,
Make sure you buy your new mac after a the major Mac  event in January.
  I bought my iBook just before and sure enough there were faster and
bigger ones for the same price announced there...if I had only waited a
couple of months.  I do love my iBook though and have no complaints.

I have an Olympus 3.1 mp camera with a huge 27x zoom on it.  It came
with a thick book all in English...it took a while to get used to it
because it can do so much, but we've got it down now.  Yes, be sure you
have extra rechargeable batteries!
Mine connects directly to my iMac or iBook and iPhoto figures out which
camera it is and away you go!   I think the Minoltas are very good too,
as well as the Canon.  Now I want another one without that big lens in
front...easier to carry.

One more thing, I have found that the white balance feature on my
camera takes better shots in low light than using the flash, so play
with it, keep the extra batteries and instruction book handy.  You'll
love it!
Vicki Allwardt
www.folkhearts.com