Upgrade Advice..

nathan nathan at incirlik.net
Wed Jun 30 12:11:23 PDT 2004

    Fellow listers,

    Here in the very near future I will be in the market for a Mac upgrade
of some kind.. However, I don't know if I should look for a new portable or
desktop...

    Currently I'm running a G3/300 Gossamer Server (Rev 3, Rom 3). Running
OS 9.1 ( Had issues with 9.2.1 and .2) w/ 384 mgs of ram and the stock 24x
Apple cdrom. I use this machine for webdev and art design ( Illustrator 6.5,
Canvas 5 etc) and web surfing.. However I would like to have the ability to
burn cd's and run my 17' Apple 720 in more than thousands of colors at
1152x874.

    As far as my laptop is concerned I'm running a 280c w/ a battery long
past it's prime.. The laptop is maxed out in every way possible sans a 2300c
mobo and screen.. For the most part it does everything that I need. But I
would like to have a portable that really is portable ( meaning not tethered
to the wall! ).

    So, sorry for the long post.. But any input would be nice...

TIA,
-nathan