[HM] Re: Index hard drive

Charles & Sarah Kurle kurle at katewwdb.com
Wed Jun 30 18:44:28 PDT 2004

I also leave that unchecked, but I suppose it could be powered down,
because computer activity to the hard disk would spin it up again.  I
would get a second opinion, as I am not an expert - just a tinkerer. :)

On 2004 Jun 24, at 15:43, Jane Sprando wrote:

> Chuck, what about the option: Put hard disk to sleep when possible
>
> Do you have that checked/
>
> jane
>
>> From: Charles & Sarah Kurle <kurle at katewwdb.com>
>> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:37:08 -0500
>> To: "Home Macintosh Users List" <HomeMac at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>> Subject: [HM] Re: Index hard drive
>>
>> I have my iMac set to only have the display sleep after 3 hours and
>> everything else set to never to make sure the core OS routines run
>> overnight - 3:00 am I think.
>>
>> Chuck

>>> From Finder->Help->Mac Help (search on index):
>>> Use the Finder to index files and disks:
>>>
>>> Indexing your files
>>>
>>> To search the contents of your files, the Finder must index the disk
>>> or
>>> folder that contains the files. Usually the Finder indexes disks and
>>> folders when you search them. However, you may need to update the
>>> 1.   Select the disk or folder you want to index in the Finder.
>>> 2.   Choose File -> Get Info.