[HM] Couple of questions

Debbi Young djy at citynet.net
Sun Mar 28 11:10:11 PST 2004

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Barry and Guy.

I don't know how you acquire the knowledge about the "innards" of these
machines, but I'm so grateful you have it!

Guy's fixes both worked perfectly. I was able to optimize my hard drive and
it truly does seem peppier now. Booting from the CD works fine with USB
devices disconnected (wonder how long it would have taken me to think of
that?). Explorer quits instantly, with no freezes and I'm one happy camper.

Barry, your suggestion to reinstall would have been my last resort, but I
would happily have done it had the other ideas not worked.

Again, I'm so glad this list is here. As a user more on the graphics side
than the techno side, I don't know how I would have figured all this out on
my own.

Thanks ... again.

Debbi