Importing Bookmarks into Safari

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri May 28 11:08:23 PDT 2004

On 05/27/04, Jane Sprando <janesprando at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is there a trick to get Safari to import bookmarks from Explorer? It is
> supposed to do it automatically, but I don't see any bookmarks from
> Explorer. What do I need to do?

You get that option the first time you start Safari (see
Safari->Help->Woking with Bookmarks->ImportingŠ). You can also do that
after the first start by enabling Safari's Debug menu. To enable the Debug
menu, quit Safari, launch the Terminal application, type the below command
in the Terminal window, and press return:

	defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

Quit Terminal, launch Safari, and note that Debug is now the last Menu
item. Select Import bookmarks.

To disable the debug menu, type in the following Terminal command and press
return:

	defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 0