[HM] Netscape 7.2

Dennis Unsworth unzie at ixi.net
Sun Nov 7 13:21:58 PST 2004

Netscape 7.2 is giving me fits. I recently upgraded from 7.1 thinking it may
solve some small, but nagging problems. But the new version is almost
unusable (OS 10.2.8; PowerBook G4). I have had to restart the application
numerous times daily. It hangs at the most inopportune times. I have lost
more time messing with it in the past month than I can count. And of course
it's impossible to communicate with them (Netscape) unless I pay $39 for
on-line phone support.

I am using Safari now, but all my bookmarks and passwords from the past 18
months of work are in Netscape.

Two questions: Has anyone had experience with 7.2? Does anyone know if I can
install 7.1 over 7.2 without losing everything in my user profile? (dozens
of passwords and hundreds of bookmarks)

Dennis