[HM] Netscape 7.2

Fabian Fang ftfang at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:16:00 PST 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:21:58 -0700, Dennis Unsworth <unzie at ixi.net> wrote:
> Netscape 7.2 is giving me fits. I recently upgraded from 7.1 thinking it may
> solve some small, but nagging problems. But the new version is almost
> unusable (OS 10.2.8; PowerBook G4). I have had to restart the application
> numerous times daily. It hangs at the most inopportune times. I have lost
> more time messing with it in the past month than I can count. And of course
> it's impossible to communicate with them (Netscape) unless I pay $39 for
> on-line phone support.
>
> I am using Safari now, but all my bookmarks and passwords from the past 18
> months of work are in Netscape.
>
> Two questions: Has anyone had experience with 7.2? Does anyone know if I can
> install 7.1 over 7.2 without losing everything in my user profile? (dozens
> of passwords and hundreds of bookmarks)

I downloaded and installed Netscape 7.2 right after its release.  Even
though I use Safari and Mozilla most of the time, I do use Netscape
7.2 occasionally, and it works with no problems.  I am not sure what
you meant by "upgraded from 7.1."  Over the years I have used almost
all versions of Netscape.  I always install a new version separately,
and try it out for a while, before I remove older versions.