[HM] lost system folder! addendum (browser issues)

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 10 08:36:52 PDT 2005

On 8/10/05 1:42 AM, "Jim Norman" <jimoctec at mac.com> wrote:

> You will find that Safari is a very capable browser, the only time it, or
> Firefox for that matter, struggles is with Microsoft specific sites such as
> Hotmail and Office Update for Mac.

Much as I like Safari, and I agree that it beats the pants off Explorer, I
find it also stumbles in several other places. Specifically, it doesn't work
well at all with my bank's online banking service, and it also has problems
getting along with a few other sites I routinely visit.

Therefore, the solution I've found that works best for me is to use Safari
as my general browser, but to keep Firefox as my backup, used just when I do
my online banking and visit other sites that I've found to be
Safari-Unfriendly. I find that on these sites FireFox works perfectly,
though when there are no problems I prefer Safari.

Brian