[HM] Moving music from my iTunes to another iPod

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Sat Aug 27 18:46:03 PDT 2005

I'm not sure if somehow we are the exception to the rule, but my
husband and I frequently move our ipods between several different
computers: our iMac, our 2 iBooks, and his brother's iMac. Never have
we had to erase our iPods, or any portion of them (except for when we
filled them...obviously different)

It is, however, not so easy to take music off an iPod and import it
into iTunes.  In that situation, it is correct that only one computer
can "own" the iPod.  There are third party apps that let you get around
that and share music from the iPod, but it wouldn't be a "legit" use of
the files.

Like I said, maybe we're the exception...but from our experience you
should be able to just plug it in and put the songs on it like you
typically do.

Hope this helps.

Sam