[HM] External drive types

Fabian Fang ftfang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:02:40 PST 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:29:23 -0800, Jane Sprando
<janesprando at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have been looking to buy a LaCie External drive. I have been watching ebay
> and noticed that there are 2 types of drives, USB and Firewire.
>
> Is there are a great deal of differences in the drives? I see that the USB
> drives are cheaper.
>
> Comments and opinions, please.

You would be much better off with Firewire drives.  Since you are
still watching eBay, you may also wish to watch <http://dealmac.com>,
which often reports good deals on new LaCie drives from <megamacs.com>
or other dealers, and even from LaCie's own Clearance Center.