[HM] External drive types

Greg McNeil gmcneil99 at mchsi.com
Sun Feb 13 04:42:34 PST 2005

Jane,
I just bought a Seagate 300GB Firewire/USB2 external drive for around
$200.00 after a $40.00 rebate. USB 2 is as fast if not slightly faster
than Firewire. My kids are using the drive for movies and music on an
eMac that has  USB 1and firewire and on an iBook which has USB 2 and
firewire. We use firewire on the eMac and USB 2 on the iBook and both
are really fast.

I agree about checking Dealmac for good prices and recommend their
email notification service. I signed up to be notified about deals on
300GB firewire/USB2 external hard drives and saved $50.00 by waiting a
week for the deal to come around. I did the research and decided what I
wanted, so when the email came I was ready to jump.

Thanks,

Greg