[HM] Outlook Express imported into OS x

Jane Sprando janesprando at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 16:44:17 PDT 2005

I have the weirdest problem! My G4 iMac will boot into 9 and 10. I am
running 9.2.2 and 10.2.8. I have Outlook Express 5.0.4 in the Applications
folder and 5.0.6 folder by itself on the hard drive. I have been using 5.0.6
since January, but I never deleted 5.0.4 from my computer.

I have been in 9.2.2 for some time, since my Epson won't print some stuff in
Classic. (another problem, another time!) Today I decided it was time to
work in OS 10 and booted up in that OS. When I open Outlook, my old messages
are there from months ago (when I last was using 10), but not any of the
current ones. Get Info says that I am using 5.0.6. So I tried to import
using Import on the file menu, but it doesn't find the stuff it needs from
the 5.0.6 folder. I can navigate to the folder, but the application icon
does not show up.

Further, when I open the folder of 5.0.4 (which is in the Applications
folder), I can see an Identities folder. No such folder exists in the 5.0.6
folder, which is by itself on the hard drive.

How do I get the current messages from the Outlook in 9 into the Outlook in
10????

Jane, who is as confused as you are!