[HM] Microsoft Office 2004

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 22:27:59 PST 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 8:47 PM, Jane Sprando wrote:

> Any words of advice before I install it? I am always leery of
> installing
> updates for fear of screwing up something that is working!

As an occasional user of an IBM ThinkPad laptop, I recently installed
Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Pro, and had some minor problems.  When
Microsoft Software Update informed me of Service Pack 2 for Office
2004 Macintosh, I hesitated for a while before going ahead with it.
While there have been no problems so far, I am not sure about its
benefits.  You may wish to take a look at the Mactopia website I
provided earlier, and decide whether you need the stated "improvements."

Fabian