[HM] G4 Upgrade Project

Howard Scudder scudderwh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 10:54:15 PDT 2006

Ok troups, I have a (pro) friend that can do this but
I wanted to put myself through a learning curve!  Help
me out.

New HD and replace CD drive.

I bought quickly because of TN tax free weekend and
big sales
All are returnable:

I have:
G4 466 Processer
ATA 30GB HD
ATA Sony CD R/RW

What I bought:

Western Digital: WD Caviar SE ,7200rpm, EIDE, 320 GB
HD, 40 pin
$99.99 I thought that was a good price.

Sony DRU-820A internal DVD/ CD +/-R, Dual/ Double
Layer
ATAPI (EIDE) $91.99

I have a G4 iBook to boot a DVD 10.4 from if needed
and several pros I can contact in my school system if
needed.

I will be running Logic Express which will need
10.4.6.  Apple's site said this will run on a G3 so I
think im safe with my G4.

Before I waist time on the process, will my new
equipment work?  I think so but..... what do the pros
out there think?

If every thing is cool with the equipment we can go
from there.

Thanks,
Howard Scudder