[HM] Help - Need to recover a file

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 5 09:31:16 PDT 2006

On 7/5/06 9:10 AM, "Glenn Gorham" <fggorham at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Have accidentally Trashed and Emptied a file I need.
>
> Any hints to recover.

The obvious answers:

Have you already emptied the trash? If not, your file should still be
sitting in there.

Do you not do backups? If you don't, you now see one of the reasons you need
to start. And losing just one file is an easy way to learn this lesson.

Did you by any chance email it to somebody?

And finally, you might check your files for any partly finished versions you
may have saved along the way.

if none of those work, I understand there are some data recovery companies
out there that will take your hard drive and try to recover the data, but it
means giving up your computer for awhile and I hear it's very expensive.

Hope someone else has a better option for you.

Brian