[HM] Forwarding Animated GIFs

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Tue Oct 10 19:11:20 PDT 2006

You don't need a program with Zip any longer. It's built into Mac OS X
(Tiger). Press control and click on a file or folder and one of the
selections is "Create Archive of ...". This will zip the file or folder.

Double clicking on a zip file will automatically extract the files also.

 ...Duane

--- At Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:41:04 -0400, TeeGate wrote:

>One way to solve that problem is to zip the file. My brother has problems
>getting any Windows Media Player files I send him to work, so I zip them and
>the file is not altered by my mail program. It works with gif's also.
>
>Now you can download the Shareware called Zipit which will work but keep
>asking you to pay the $20 for it. Or you can download DropZip which has the
>same problems. Or you can download a free zip program called Zip Tools 1.0.1
>that seems to work well.
>

>Freeware
>
>Zip Tools 1.0.1 (use the Drag and Drop script in the folder)
>
>http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15462
>

>Shareware
>
>Zipit
>
>http://www.maczipit.com/
>
>DropZip
>
>http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/downloads/index.cfm?categoryID=1498&itemID=7074
>

>And there is a 4th choice which I have not used called Zippist 1.2
>
>http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14403
>
>Guy
>

>On 10/9/06 6:35 PM, "bob black" <rpb1927 at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I sometimes receive messages with attachments containing clever
>> animated GIFS, which I would like to forward to friends. I can
>> download them to my desktop, drop them on Safari or one of my other
>> browsers, and the GIFs will remain in animated form on my desktop.
>> When I try to forward them as attachments from my desktop, however,
>> the animation disappears. Neither can I forward the original message
>> without losing the animation. I have worked many hours without
>> success to solve the problem, but I have gotten nowhere. I shall be
>> most grateful if anyone can tell me how I can transmit the GIFs in
>> animated form. I am using a PPC G-5 with OS 10 4.8.

 ...Duane