[HM] Epson RX600 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 12 12:11:35 PDT 2006

On 13/9/2006 3:49 AM, "janesprando at comcast.net" <janesprando at comcast.net>
wrote:
> 1. Do any of you have an Epson All-in-One with an LED screen?
>    Which model?
>    Does it have an LED screen?
>    Have you had any problems with it?
>    How is the scanning and photo printing?

Yes, Stylus CX5300, has a small LED display. About 2 years old. Have had the
ink pump replaced. Scanning and photo printing are excellent.

> 2. Epson or HP??????? I have been loyal to Epson since it is an Oregon company
> and I live in a Portland suburb. But it may be time to switch.

Depends on what your priorities are. For me as an artist light fastness of
inks is crucial, and since Epson appears to be the one company that invests
a lot in this area, they are the only choice for me. However I have also
found their printers to be sturdy and long lasting. In addition to the 3 in
1 also have a photo 1200 A3 which is about 7 years or more old. It has
required a print head replaced but apart from that is going strong. The ink
light fastness is not as good as the CX5300 but the actual print quality is
higher.

> 3. If you have an All-in-One, what is it and would you recommend buying it?

Epson CX5300 Have found it surprisingly good considering the compromise
nature of a 3 in 1 and would happily recommend it. When I bought mine I
asked was it any good and the sales person showed me through the office
door, and there was their own office printer - a CX5300. I figured that was
a good enough recommendation for me. I have not been sorry. Epson support
over the phone has been excellent, and their technicians seem to be well
trained and competent.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art