[HM] Quotation marks in Mail

Brett George brettgeorge at comcast.net
Sat May 17 16:44:26 PDT 2008

It usually happens when people use the inch and foot symbols, otherwise
known as the quick quotes on the keyboard right to the left of the return
key on the right.

The actual and correct quote symbols are gotten in a different way .

³ [opt ­ left bracket
² [shift-opt-left bracket
Π]opt right bracket
¹ ]shift opt right bracket

These are the Œreal¹ quotes that should be used.

brett

On 5/17/08 2:08 PM, "Greg McNeil" <gmcneil99 at mchsi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me why the quotation marks in the kbchanges emails I
> get from Apple every Saturday appear as &quot; instead of actual
> quotation " marks.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
-Tom Clancy