[MacDV] Re: can't burn audio cd's on Toast

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 2 15:18:57 PST 2002

>>Hi LIst:
>>I'm on a g4 350 sawtooth running os 9.2.2. I have Toast Titanium 5.0.1
>>installed and am trying to burn cd's with the "Audio" function. I load the
>>files that I want to burn, push record, insert the cd and everytime Toast
>>will stop and an "error" message will appear that says:
>>system error: -9405
>>connection unstable
>>The cd will not burn!
>>Oddly enough, I can burn anything using "data" function.
>>Can someone tell me what's up?? I've reinstalled Toast and it still won't
>>work.
>>Thanks,
>>
>JErry
>I have had similar problem with Video CD's.  The culprit was the Iomega
>Extension.  See the info:
>  http://www.cc.utah.edu/~klm6/MakingVideoCDs.html
>BTW: I went round and round upgrading this... turning off that... buying a
>different brand of CD.  I don't know why Iomega/Apple/Roxio allowed this
>to happen.
>
>Let us know if this helps.
>HWBags

If that doesn't clear it up, try disabling the native Apple CD extension.
You might also try burning at a slower speed. I have no problems on my
same-model machine, running 9.1, Toast 5.0.1 I believe, and an external
Yamaha 4816 SCSI burner.

Bobbo

19 new Nature images online at  http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice over -- http://www.bob-vo.com