Que! DVD CD-R/RW+? & iMac SE G3 400Mhz 1 gig ram

K kochkodn at vicon.net
Tue Dec 3 07:22:29 PST 2002

iMac SE G3 400Mhz with 1 gig of ram and a 60 gig 7200 r.p.m. drive

I have a converter to convert my video/audio signal from audio to
digital to get it into my iMac but the quality of the VCDs that
Toast gave was horrible. Plus it took well over a day to convert one
hour of DV to VCD format. Not really enjoyable.
I saw a Que! CD-R/RW+? (I think thats what it was) at Circuit City
yesterday and it was for Mac/PC. I want to say that the basic system
req. it demanded from a Mac was a G3 @ 400Mhz. I meet that req. but I
was wondering if anyone had experience with the Mac software that comes
with it to
encode MPEG-2 (a.k.a. DVD) on a similiar Mac to mine? If it takes days
to make a single DVD it is out of the question and I'll just have to
wait for a new G4 twin-processor...

Thanks,
Jeff