[MacDV] Re: Digital video/analog converters

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Tue Dec 3 10:09:39 PST 2002

I have no interest in the Dazzle's conversion features, only in its
ability to spit Firewire
video onto a monitor. Do you all say it can't do that?  For conversion,
I trust either
a DSR-25 (perfect, every time) or a PD150 (perfect, every time). If the
Dazzle can
simply put pre-converted/transferred DVCAM video on a monitor, it beats
buying
another DSR-25 by $2500. If the Dazzle can't do the one thing, back it
goes.

There are a couple multithousand dollar pro level boxes out there that
haven't
made this discussion yet...

grins

Richard Brown