[MacDV] Re: Digital video/analog converters

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 3 10:14:14 PST 2002

>I have no interest in the Dazzle's conversion features, only in its
>ability to spit Firewire
>video onto a monitor. Do you all say it can't do that?

It is precisely the export feature (D->A) that most people
have problems with. Import (A->D) seems more reliable.

Mind you, it all depends on the unit. I received a review
unit about a year and a half ago that worked flawlessly
both in and out. It had some quirks (the plugs weren't aligned
well with the holes, so I had to bend the plastic a bit to
insert my connectors) but worked great. I don't have the unit
any more as I returned it once the project completed.

I'm relating the buzz from rec.video.desktop and other
groups from the last few years. It may be worth your while
to pop by groups.google.com and search for Dazzle Hollywood
DV Bridge.

-- Erica