(OT) Mac mail and addressbooks

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Dec 3 11:28:35 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 04:13  PM, Matthew Guemple wrote:

> Sorry to post this here... but I thought someone might have a clue.
> I am trying to get
> email addresses from OS9 outlook into either Palm 4.0 or Jaguar
> address book.
> the problem is I can get the names to sync up but cannot figure out
> how to get outlook to export the email addresses as well...
> anythoughts?
> thanks.
> reply offline if you like.

I'll reply back to the MacDV list just in case this info will help
anyone else. (I added "OT" to the subject to indicate off-topic
discussion.)

The way I moved my contacts from Entourage from OS 9 into the Jaguar
address book was to just drag them out of the address listing into a
folder on the desktop.  This created ".vcf" files that I then dragged
into the address book in 10.2.  It's pretty straightforward --
drag-and-drop.  Like I said, I did this with Entourage (and QuickMail
Pro as well, which also creates ".vcf" files when dragging out an
address book entry), and it should work the same with Outlook Express,
but I don't know about Outlook (the client for MS Exchange Servers)...

Hope this helps.

- Mark