[MacDV] Re: Recommendations for Camcorder Mic

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Tue Dec 3 19:38:55 PST 2002

I am not an "expert" on this subject, but I will share my opinion as well.

Sometimes a wireless mic is not possible.

Sometimes too much camcorder noise is being picked up by the internal mic so an external mic (shotgun) is needed.

Sometimes you simply cannot get closer to the subject.

Sometimes that extraneous noise is just too much and an external mic (shotgun) does not make it as noticeable.

Hence, pick up that external mic (shotgun) you mentioned, record with it, decide if the quality is "improved" for your liking, and if not, return it.

We use one with our SonyTRV-D8_230, and we are content with the difference in sound quality.

view student animation @...
http://homepage.mac.com/fabulousfootage/fabulousmovies/iMovieTheater21.html