[MacDV] History of 8mm (Pt. 2 of 2)

David Drumheller david at dcdrumheller.net
Fri Dec 13 09:45:12 PST 2002

Danny,

    Thank you for your account of some of the history of the 8mm movie formats.  I really enjoyed reading your recollections.
    I have hundreds of feet of true 8mm (pre-dates the "double-8" format) (it's mostly Univex, taken by my father in the 1930s), and hundreds of feet of double-8, all of which I'd like to capture as DV.  There may be more of a latent demand for this sort of conversion than has been 'generally realized'.  It may be a good business opportunity for a careful craftsman.

David Drumheller