Any advantages to RAID for DV?

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Sat Dec 14 13:33:15 PST 2002

Wow!  Thanks for the abundance of responses.  I am thankful and have
learned much.

I'm still thinking of going RAID-0 as there seem to be some pretty good
deals on 60 and 80 GB drives out there and I like the thought of making
a fast 140 or 160GB volume.  Of course these are often IBM 120GXP (I
think) closeouts and now I have to also ask:  Has anyone here yet
experienced any of the rumoured problems with this line of drives?

Regarding heat:  just out of curiosity, has anyone here installed any
sort of third party "fan card" in their tower Macs?

Thanks,

Alex