Phillips DVD Recorder..slightly OT

Kochkodin kochkodin at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 05:37:41 PST 2002

Greetings Lista's,
    Two quick questions for y'all....Has any one used or know anyone that has experience
with the Phillips stand alone DVD recorder..model # DVDR985? I am interested in possibly
getting it today or tomorow since it's on sale at Sears for $899 w/a $100 rebate and I
have an extra 10% off thing for today and tomorrow.  Also, I have been talking to Apple
Ed about the dual 867 w/ Superdrive, 1 gb Ram and an 80 gb hd for about $2200 or so
delivered here in PA  (6% sales tax & free shipping)  Has anyone used this system to
burn DVD's from VHS tapes?  Still trying to decide which way to go...
Thanks in advance for your input...
Regards,
Mike K