AV/DV Card

James Hays jhays at post.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 17 10:34:01 PST 2002

Why not pay a bit more and get a Sony Digital8 camcorder, instead?
Most models will: 1) play Hi8 tapes digitizing them for Firewire
transmission, 2) pass thru analog Hi8 from your present Hi8 camcorder
to Firewire DV, and 3) give you a good DV camcorder (that uses Hi8
casettes).

I've never used mine for audio, but it should take analog audio input
and produce an audio DV stream output.

--Jim Hays

Jim Hays                                    		 jhays at post.harvard.edu
3381 W. Foxes Den Drive                       	(520) 903-1634
Tucson AZ 85745