[MacDV] Re: AV/DV Card

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 12:36:46 PST 2002

>Why not pay a bit more and get a Sony Digital8 camcorder, instead?
>Most models will: 1) play Hi8 tapes digitizing them for Firewire
>transmission, 2) pass thru analog Hi8 from your present Hi8 camcorder
>to Firewire DV, and 3) give you a good DV camcorder (that uses Hi8
>casettes).
>
>I've never used mine for audio, but it should take analog audio input
>and produce an audio DV stream output.

But be careful and ask questions. My otherwise terrific Dig8 camcorder
won't do passthru. TRV310 is the model number. You must first record the
analog source to Digital 8 tape, and then transfer it via FW to the
computer.

Bobbo

19 new Nature images online at  http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice over -- http://www.bob-vo.com