[MacDV] Re: From the DV Expo this week in Los Angeles

Randy Wilson WilsonR at fonix.com
Thu Dec 19 10:48:13 PST 2002

Doesn't a DVD-R drive cost about $360 anyway? If so, I wonder what the advantage is to that product.  Also, I notice that it's USB.  Is that going to be fast enough to do DVD burning, or should Firewire really be used? Just wondering.

>>> roduncan at telus.net 12/19/02 11:44AM >>>
Let me get this straight...

So ADS Technologies, with their new hardware/software, is using the
built-in CDRW to burn the DVD?
BTW, The link you posted is gone from their site.

If you can get more info on this off the floor of the DV Expo please post.
(I am just about to buy an external DVD burner to use with a CDRW
equipped Ti Powerbook)

Thanks.
Rod

--
---------------------------------
Rod Duncan

"Buy a Mac and be thought a fool
or buy a Windows box and remove all doubt."

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml