[MacDV] Re: From the DV Expo this week in Los Angeles

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Thu Dec 19 13:27:29 PST 2002

I believe some DVD players actually support this "Photo Disc" format
(JPEGs on a CD-R/DVD-R), though it may not be listed in any posted
specs.  It may even work with a Mac/PC hybrid disc, as long as the disc
is ISO-9660 compatible (Toast's default Mac/PC hybrid setting
qualifies).  Now that I think about it, we have a JVC DVD player here
at work that supports either "Photo" mode or "MP3" mode for CD-R discs
-- it displays JPEG files on-screen from any supported disc (but cannot
play MP3s and display JPEGs on the same disc without switching modes).

2 cents.

- Mark