Creating XVCD - need help with ffmpegx app

Matti Haveri matti.haveri at sjoki.uta.fi
Fri Dec 20 09:00:24 PST 2002

>  Hoping someone here has experience with the ffmpegX encoder/decoder
>  application for OS X It looks like a nice GUI front end for decoding a
>  number of different video file types, then encoding for everything from
>  VCD to XVCD to SVCD

FFmpeg X  has a nice GUI interface to mpeg2enc compared to MediaPipe
or MissingMpegTools but I haven't yet got it to properly encode
interlaced SVCD, I have used MediaPipe or MissingMpegTools (I suspect
FFmpeg X sets the interlaced fields in the wrong order).

p.s. SVCD on a Macintosh memo and cookbook is at:

<http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/SVCD_on_a_Macintosh.txt>

--
Matti Haveri <matti.haveri at sjoki.uta.fi> <http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/>