[MacDV] Re: varous newbie questions

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Wed Dec 25 07:36:31 PST 2002

I agree with Erica.  Having spent more money will not make better
looking projects the difference is made more by experience and creative
use of the program.  I know that my projects have a much smoother look
and sound now and it isn't because of upgraded software but rather from
learning, reading magazines & books and honest criticism.  I also find
that I notice the editing when I watch TV or a movie now and that gives
me ideas  on how to apply them in imovie.

Gerhard
On Wednesday, December 25, 2002, at 06:05  AM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>> On 12/24/02 3:41 PM, "Paul Russell " wrote:
>> > Thanks - they look interesting plug-ins, but what I really want is
>> > better editing capabilities than iMovie offers, e.g. more than one
>> > "project" open at the same, cut/paste or drag/drop between projects,
>> > join clips, add/remove audio/video tracks, audio processing, etc.
>> >
>> > It's a pity there isn't a "Final Cut Lite" or an "iMovie Pro" for
>> say $99.
>> >
>> > Paul
>
> [piggybacking...sorry].
>
> You can do a lot more with iMovie than you might first think.
> The difference in power isn't FCP or iMovie. Surprisingly
> enough, it's QuickTime Pro (just $29. A $70 savings from the
> retail version of your mythically suggested "iMovie Pro")
> With iMovie and QuickTime Pro together, you get multiple tracks,
> cut/paste, join clips, add/remove audio/video tracks, etc.
> Mind you, it's not extremely pretty, but it's a heck of
> a lot cheaper than $999 (or even $299 educational).
>
> Man, that last paragraph sounds canned, but it's four in
> the morning and I'm exhausted.
>
> -- Erica

> digest version.
>
> XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers! Dr.
> Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net