Poor Audio

David Colton dcolton at mac.com
Wed Dec 25 19:11:26 PST 2002

Greetings and healthy happy holidays,

Using iMovie and iDVD, I have burned two DVDs and both have sections of
bad audio when played on computer or a Sony player.

I have 14 clips back to back with NO transitions, each clip is sped up
to the maximum speed.

For the first disk, I imported music from a CD into QuickTime Pro and
converted it to an AIFF file and placed it on the timeline with the 14
sped up clips. In preview using iMovie the video clips are fine, as is
the audio. Burned the DVD using iDVD and the audio drops out and
stutters.

For the second disk, I imported (recorded) the music directly from the
CD into the time line. Again it plays fine in the iMovie preview. Burn
the DVD using iDVD and the same story, the audio stinks.

In hindsight after burning two disks, I watched the full preview in
iDVD and it does stutter in iDVD.

What's up? Why no stutter in iMovie, but it stutters in iDVD. The
overall movie was only 18 minutes.

I'm using a TiBook G4 1ghz and capture and creation was on the internal
hard drive, AirPort and screen savers turned off, and computer plugged
into AC, if that has any bearing.

Thanks,

David