[MacDV] Re: Various newbie questions

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Fri Dec 27 20:09:50 PST 2002

>>  Is there a "how to" or FAQ somewhere that explains how to make a VCD
>
>http://www.vcdhelp.com/

OK - I've been browsing this site and trying to make sense of the
process for creating a VCD. Unfortunately most of the information
relates to PC users. Some questions:

1) How do I get from iMovie to MPEG ? I thought that when I'd spent
my $ and upgraded to QT Pro I would just be able to select MPEG 1 or
2 when I do an export to QuickTime from iMovie, but the only options
seem to be Motion JPEG A or B and MPEG 4. I think I'm right in saying
that I need MPEG 1 for VCD or MPEG 2 for SVCD - is that right ?

2) Do I need to export from iMovie in some other format and then use
some sort of conversion program to get to MPEG ?

3) How can I get rid of a nasty border around my movie which is an
artefact from the Dazzle Hollywood (black border on top and
left/right edges and shimmering border on bottom edge, all about 4
pixels high/wide) ?

Thanks in advance,

Paul