[MacDV] Stand-alone TBC?

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Tue Dec 31 13:41:51 PST 2002

For Regular 8, Hi 8, and Digital 8, Sony makes a TBC equipped  field
player
which converts all these formats to standard DV via 1394. It is about
$700-$800.
We've tried it with Hi-8, and the comparison between camera playback
and this
deck's playback clearly shows a pretty decent TBC in operation.
Unacceptable
to acceptable video, essentially.

A company known for standalone boxes is FOR/A. Also check The Broadcast
Store
in L.A. for used deals on other units.

Richard Brown