[MacDV] Re: DV vs. Film

Jefburdett at aol.com Jefburdett at aol.com
Tue Dec 31 16:48:43 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/30/02 1:46:50 AM, lowell at peterson.net writes:

<< In general for theatrical release, DV looks terrible compared with 35mm or
S16mm blowup. However, many independent movies are shooting on DV.

FULL FRONTAL, TADPOLE and PERSONAL VELOCITY were three of the bigger
DV-originated releases this past year >>

I worked on Full Frontal--only the horrible hand held shots where MiniDV.  I
don't think Soderbergh did the format any favors--it would be great if he had
shot the entire film using it. Only the segements that are supposed to look
like cheesy hand held video where the shots he did with the xl1.