[MacDV] Best Option for transferring Video to DVD

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Dec 31 17:21:27 PST 2002

Kerry Gray wrote:

>I have a Mac G4 with 733 mhz and a 40gb hd it also has 512 kb and a CD and a
>DVD burner installed. It also has imovie.  It is operation on Mac 9.2.  I
>have numerous VHS tapes, Hi8 video tapes and Digital 8 video tapes.  I have
>looked at the new Phillips DVD recorder which transfers video directly to
>DVD.  Has anyone tried one?  Would  this be my best option?  If you've tried
>it, what is the quality like?  Or should I purchase something for my Mac to
>transfer the videos? I don't intend to edit them, just to transfer them?
>Kerry Gray

Well you're going to watch them aren't you?
 You already have the tools. I have the phillips in addition to the G4
and associated tools and for my money it's cranky and a pain and what
comes out is kind of funky compared to what iDVD gives you even with no
editing on your part.
Just doesn't take as long.
Jim