[MacDV] PageMaker vs. InDesign

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 23 19:16:28 PST 2002

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 09:05 PM, Erica Sadun wrote:

> And I'm using PageMaker 6.5. I'm seriously considering upgrading to
> InDesign, but I'm not sure what sort of win that will be for me.

Well, I upgraded just because I wanted to get out of Classic. InDesign
isn't perfect, but after a few painful days of adapting, followed by a
few real projects - I think I like it better than PageMaker. InDesign
is a little bit more of a pure Adobe experience, where there were still
bits of Aldus in Pagemaker.

And I'm just writing newsletters and stuff. If one were writing, say
for example . . . a book  ;) , then I'd think it would be well worth
the headache of the change.

SR