[MacDV] Re: Need help ***. Illustrator 10 *** First book ?

Granville Kennedy gskiii at telerama.lm.com
Sat Nov 23 19:36:16 PST 2002

Do they work OK in the Classic environment, or do you have to boot into
OS 9 to use them?
Eventually you will want apps that run natively in OS X, but if it
isn't broken yet I see no need to spend $ sooner than absolutely
necessary...

This coming from a guy who in a fit of despair upon realizing that
trying to work with DV on a G3 iMacDV was going to be a mind-numbing
and completely frustrating experience went and got a Dual G4 867, took
his Superdrive out of the external FW enclosure, yanked the remaining
bezel of the drawer and stuck it in the second bay...  Now I find that
exporting a 40 minute iMovie to QT to burn a VCD is an all day affair!
I'm guessing iMovie and Toast Ti don't make good use of the second
processor.  Well, at least I can still surf the web and do e-mail while
one processor munches on the conversion  :-)

Personally, if I upgrade anything DTPwise, it will be to a cocoa
version of Canvas.

For some reason I can't seem to get any good downloads through the
airport base station, so I haven't yet got PGP working on this machine
yet...

Later,
		Joey.