[MacDV] Re: Copy DVD?

jc jc at his.com
Sun Nov 24 18:32:38 PST 2002

At 8:28 AM -0800 11/24/02, sb wrote:
>Put the DVD in your drive. Open up Disk Copy Utility. Create New Image from
>Device. Save it someplace convenient, like your desktop. Eject the DVD.
>Then, still in Disk Copy utility, Burn Image. Find the image you just
>created and select it. Put in a blank DVD and burn away.

OK, I open Disk Copy Utility and have some options under image format:

Read/write
Read/only
Compressed
DVD/CD Master

Then under Encryption two options:

None
AE5-178 (recommended)

I chose DVD/CD Master and the AE5-178 (recommended)

Now when I drag the icon for the disk in the drive I get the
following error message "image volume operation failed with error 1
(operation not permitted)

Did I make the wrong choices above?
--

-jc