[MacDV] Re: Rant...

mo.og at verizon.net mo.og at verizon.net
Mon Nov 25 11:23:48 PST 2002

Sony is my god!
You use yours everyday, and I kick myself everyday...
What really get's me is that I figured it would be a) and inexpensive
deck, and b) something inexpensive that I could drag around and shoot
random footage with... you know just stuff to play with... background
textures and stuff.

I wasn't too concerned about quality since most of it would get heavily
processed or overlaid etc.

And I am not kidding... 8 different #'s today alone!

I always buy Sony out of principal, if for no other reason than to
support their excellent R&D, but now I remember the real reason. SERVICE!

sheesh,
much egg on face,

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 08:13  AM, James Asherman wrote:

> mo.og at verizon.net wrote:
>
>> Sorry to burden you all with this, but I thought it might be of use to
>> some.
>> On a whim (what I thought was a good deal) I, tragically, bought an
>> RCA miniDV camcorder. It was as is at the Wiz, and more than half off
>> the retail price.
>>
>> The catch was that it was sold as is... no manual, battery etc. I
>> assumed that I would be able to purchase these items easily, right?
>> RCA has all the outward appearances of a real company so one would
>> naturally think it's just a matter of figuring out what bits one
>> needed and ordering replacement accessories from the company.
>>
>> I have spent so much time trying to get a couple of accessories
>> (crucial to having the damn thing work) I lose track of the time I've
>> wasted. I have a scratch pad with the 20 odd different #'s I've been
>> given, and about 10 names of different supervisors etc. that I've had
>> to contact to try and get this thing done. It seems that for this
>> particular product one really can't get there from here.
>>
>> I have never, ever had such an infuriating experience.
>>
>> I will never again, knowingly do business with this company or any of
>> it's divisions ever. Too bad they do Technicolor...

Matthew Guemple
Director/MATBLACK > VIS
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601