[MacDV] Re: RCA and Cinema

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Nov 25 09:14:55 PST 2002

mo.og at verizon.net wrote:

> The RCA info is enlightening... just another example of the US'
> inability to keep up I guess. Thomson is a terrible company. Getting a
> DC adaptor cable from them is like trying to get a replacement
> passport in Minsk! Of course this has been one grand boondoggle, based
> on bad tech support advice in the first place... I'm kicking myself as
> I type.
>
> On the Display front... the consensus is get a shuttle and skip the
> big screen? I would certainly love to save the cash... but loathe the
> scrolling around zooming in and out to try and tweak and find stuff...
>
> Thanks again listas... great advice as always.

Not to oversimplify buut have you modified the Window setup to suit you?
The Standard setup has way too much video screen and way too little
timeline for me.
I am using a Wide arrangement that I customized a bit.
The shuttle is less than $100. well worth it  and as the man said you
don't even have to look at it. Zip/Zop.
Display wise for me it was  a matter of  cost versus space.
I have a big desk and a small wallet. YMMV.
Jim