[MacDV] USB input

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Tue Nov 26 09:36:15 PST 2002

USB is a little slow for high quality video input but you could look at
Eskape Labs, they have several products  which  are probably as good quality
as you will get uning USB (USB 1.x - the new USB 2 is faster and I'd imagine
better products will be showing  up there but your Mac has a USB 1.x)
  http://www.eskapelabs.com/products.html

Firewire is where  it's at for good quality video.  For a stand alone
converter look at Formac:
  http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_converters

And of course many Video cameras accept analog Video and Audio in and  will
convert it to Firewire DV out.  Check the with the manufacture some models
do this and some don't.

To capture use iMovie (it's free) or most of these come with their own
recording abilities.  QuickTime Pro can do this.

Good Luck,
Frank

On 11/26/02 4:49 AM, "Illovox Media" <illovox at oz.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a full motion, full frame video capture
> solution for the mac?  I am interested in both or either analogue to usb
> input or firewire to usb input.
>
> Run

> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest
> version.