audio beeping and rendering in FCP3

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Nov 26 18:05:42 PST 2002

ALL the cameras (except the VX1000 and maybe one or two others from that
era) can record EITHER 12 bit or 16 bit. They all come factory set to 12 bit
and you change it by going into the Menu setup (it's in a different place on
every camera) and changing it. Once you set it to 16 bit, you shouldn't have
to set it again until the Li-on battery needs replacement.

For Jim, living with a VX1000, you have to go into FCP's prefs and create a
capture and sequence pref for 12 bit audio. (see below) and use that for all
material shot with the VX1000. Additionally, if you import audio (like from
a CD, you will have to re-sample it to 32hz. You can use iTunes for this
(under the Prefs for Import) or QT.

sb